Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why I've been Blogging less

Okay, so I'm not the world's best blogger. It's no secret.
But this time I have a very good excuse. I had my thumb joint rebuilt in September:. Apparently my days as a felter left my hands in a state of ruin. I was told you shouldn't squeeze out 30 pounds of wet wool with your hands. Who knew?
These are Gelatin prints made with actual gelatin. It's a cool process. You make extra solid gelatin about 3/4 to an inch thick. Pop it out of the pan. Ink it and put leaves, string or any flat object on it. Then place your paper face down and smooth out with your hands. I was able to do it with just one hand. I used both paper and cloth with acrylic paint.







And felt...











 It's all big deal for someone who makes things every day. Writing has been difficult both physically and emotionally. I knew this would take time and didn't want to post until I was feeling a bit more calm. Well, I have a cast until December and it's making me crazy! There's no fear for my recovery. I trust the whole process and have a great doctor. The question is whether I can stay steady without my work and with way too much empty time. I can only read articles about better blogging for just so long.
  So I'm exhibiting the evil cast for you and then I'm going to show you what I've managed to make despite it all and finally maybe a pic or two of the felt that started me on this path. at least I can say I wrote in my blog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment